GUIDELINES AND ELIGIBILITY
In order to submit an application to The Wandering Scholar, you should be able to confirm the following statements:
- This will be my first international travel scholarship.
- I am currently a sophomore or junior in high school.
- My household’s combined annual income is less than $50,000 (or $60,000 if a household of 5 or more).
- I am able to commit to an average of 5 hours per week of participation in The Wandering Scholar’s online pre-departure and re-entry curriculum between June-August 2018.
- I have a personal email account that I check on a regular basis (if you do not, please create one using a program such as gmail or hotmail. For the sake of professionalism, we recommend that you choose a user ID that corresponds to your first and last name).
- I have spoken with my parent(s)/guardian(s) and teacher(s) about my interest in The Wandering Scholar, and they support my decision to apply.
- I have asked a teacher, supervisor, coach, or other adult to submit a recommendation on my behalf.
- I have read all the FAQs, downloaded the pdf version of the 2018 Global Skills Fellowship Application, prepared my answers in advance, and am ready to proceed to the application.
Here are some tips for a successful application:
- Before going to the online application form, be sure to download and carefully read through The Wandering Scholar Summer 2018 Application materials.
- Please note that you cannot save your work in the online application. Plan to prepare a draft of your responses offline (we recommend using Word or Google Docs). Speak to your parent(s)/guardian(s) and reference to gather all the information you will need from them. And remember, nothing is perfect the first time, so take your time and ask for feedback from a parent/guardian, teacher, or friend.
- Use spell check and read your sentences aloud. Do they make sense? Is a word or punctuation mark missing?
- Ask permission before listing your personal reference. Let him or her know about the program and why you want to participate. Be sure to give advanced notice about the due date. Your application will not be considered complete without a reference.
We will review all applications at the same time, once the February 28th deadline has passed.