Our program is holistic in its approach, we recognize the multiple factors that impede participation in travel programs and specifically target each one. Beyond fully funding international trips with student travel organizations, we:
- Match Wandering Scholars with appropriate international education programs
- Provide pre-departure programming for students and their families
- Pair students with experienced travel mentors whose lives and careers will inspire Wandering Scholars to be global citizens
- Encourage students to become experts on their host country by completing documentation projects while abroad
- Use social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, tumblr and our own Wandering Scholar blog) to help Scholars share their experiences
- Assist Wandering Scholars in developing post-program plans to remain active global citizens, through Gap Year programs, college Study Abroad, and international careers.
“No matter how many pictures we could have taken, no matter how high the resolution, no camera could have accurately captured the breathtaking, luminous elegance of the beach sunset. This journey has stripped me of my predictable, surface humanitarian tendencies and aroused my inner global citizen. Now…how’s THAT for culture shock?”— Precious Ekeanyanwu, Costa Rica