We are more than just a travel scholarship.
Our innovative fellowship combines travel with pre- and post-trip programming, equipping participants with the skills to become engaged, globally competent citizens by:
- expanding their perspectives and ability to recognize those of others;
- building their capacity for resilience and empathy; and
- developing a roadmap for success beyond high school.
What sets our program apart?
- Provide pre-departure programming for students and their families
- Pair students with experienced travel mentors whose lives and careers will inspire Wandering Scholars to be global citizens
- Encourage students to become experts on their host country by completing documentation projects while abroad
- Use social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, tumblr and our own Wandering Scholar blog) to help Scholars share their experiences
- Assist Wandering Scholars in developing post-program plans to remain active global citizens, through Gap Year programs, college Study Abroad, and international careers.
“No matter how many pictures we could have taken, no matter how high the resolution, no camera could have accurately captured the breathtaking, luminous elegance of the beach sunset. This journey has stripped me of my predictable, surface humanitarian tendencies and aroused my inner global citizen. Now…how’s THAT for culture shock?”— Precious Ekeanyanwu, Costa Rica